Junior Achievement Volunteer Teaching Program

Saturday, July 5, 2008

I recently volunteered through my work to do the Junior Achievement Teaching Program.  I was assigned to Mr. Sandstrom's fourth grade class at Los Penasquitos Elementary School.  I taught them Business 101 for an hour a week,  five weeks total.  I have to say it was great!     

If you have an opportunity to either volunteer through your work or by contacting Junior  Achievement directly it is very much worth your while.  Gives you a chance to see what it's like to be a teacher and gives you a chance to teach a classroom full of kids about important subjects.  I will do it next year again for sure.
 
So if you have a chance check them out it's definitely worth it.  It really shows you how hard teachers work, how valuable they are, and how much they need all the help and resources that we can possibly give them.  After all they teach our kids.

I do want to say thank you to all you teachers out there.  You have a tough job and i respect what you do.  I hope more people start taking the education of our children as seriously as they do and give them the help that most desperately need.  

For more information on Junior Achievement this is their website, although your city might have their own, this is the home site.



0 comments:

Post a Comment