Faith Based Initiatives

Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Obama is starting to piss me off. First the F.I.S.A. thing. Then he rebuked the comments by Wes Clark when they didn't need to be, basically bowing to the ridiculous claims of the McCain camp. Now he wants to carry on the Faith Based Initiative. Let me start by saying this, I am an atheist, But I feel everyone has a right to have their beliefs and everyone has a right to not have others beliefs shoved down their throat.

Separation of Church and State is KEY. Our founding fathers did this for a very good reason. This is not a Christian nation, and if you disagree then take a look at the Treaty of Tripoli, our tax dollars should not be used for religious reasons. Regardless of the religion, although I guarantee Muslims, Mormons or other smaller religions are not seeing any of that money. Regardless the embrace of this by Obama is disturbing, and I am interested in hearing more on his plans for this. Because if our tax dollars are being funneled into religious institutions regardless of what good they might do is just wrong and dangerous and a step closer to a Theocracy. Some right wing Republicans might want this, But not I or I hope not you.

There are other ways to help churches, Tax breaks charity's, so on. The answer though is not to use our tax dollars. Our Government has no place in our Religion, Bush has tried to reverse this and I hope that Obama puts an end to this, not expand it.





0 comments:

Post a Comment